Sunday, June 1, 2014

Taejah’s Dreaming Big!


Taejah’s Dreaming Big!

Written by Taejah Davis

On our upcoming trip to California this summer one of the places we will be visiting is the Redwood forest. It is filled with some of the tallest trees in the United States. In the early 19th century after the Gold Rush there was a huge need of lumber and the giant trees in the redwood forest had a great selection.  By the end of the century a lot Redwood had disappeared as new technology was evolving. Since trees were decreasing day by day in order to protect the trees citizens formed the Save-the-Redwoods League, where they purchased tracts of land with the help from the state. The tracts of land would form four state parks in the 1920s and this began the establishment of the Redwood National Park. It was founded in 1968 and the four parks were joined together in 1994.
On this trip I’m very excited to see all the huge trees. I’ve seen them in pictures, but I think I’m ready to see it up close and personal. I love to see historical scenery. Most importantly I’m just happy to be getting out of Missouri! I have never been to California and it’s only my biggest dream. I’m also excited to drive through this huge tree.




To learn more, visit us at minddrive.org

1 comment: